Commercial Floor Mats With Superior Service
We are here for you for the long life of your commercial floor mats. While we’ve collected a lot of helpful information for you here, we are always available to answer your questions and solve your problems. Fill out this quick form for a reply within 24 hours. For immediate assistance, call 800-468-0860 to speak with a factory expert.
The Matting By Design Owner’s Manual offers step-by-step instructions—including photos—to help you keep your company floor mats at peak performance. It is a user-friendly, interactive PDF that includes details on:
Questions? Fill Out the Form Below.
- We will call you to notify you that your floor matting is shipping.
- Matting is shipped rolled on an industrial-strength cardboard tube via UPS or common carrier, depending on product size and weight.
- Length of the roll will be the shortest mat dimension. Example: A floor mat that is 25′ x 18′ will be an 18′ long roll.
- Weight of the roll depends on the size and how many floor mats have been rolled together. This information is available after the product has shipped.
- Matting is rolled with padding for protection, then wrapped in waterproof white wrapping.
- Directions for unrolling the matting are attached to the outside of the roll. You can also find them in our Owner’s Manual, which you can download here.
At Time of Delivery
- On the delivery receipt, make a note of ANY visible damage to the roll. Exterior damage may or may not have harmed the floor matting, but noting there WAS damage is important in the case of a freight claim.
- Have enough personnel to physically handle the size of the rolls and weight.
- If possible, use a forklift with a carpet pole attached to unload the matting rolls. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MOVE FLOOR MATTING WITH THE FORKS OF A FORKLIFT AS YOU CAN DAMAGE THE MATTING.
- Use at least two four-wheel dollies to make it easier to move the matting from the drop-off point to the installation location.
Things to Think About
- If you have to move the rolls to an upper- or lower-level location, do you have an elevator or escalator that will handle the size of the roll, either lying down or on end?
- If you DO have to move the matting, DON’T unwrap it until you’ve moved it to its final location.
- DO NOT throw away the cardboard tube the matting comes rolled on. You will need it to store the matting if you plan to roll it up, or you may need to send the matting back if there is freight damage.
- NEVER fold or roll the matting with the pink or blue side out, even for a short time. Rolling matting incorrectly for as little as 15 seconds can cause damage in the form or stretching or wrinkling that may not be repairable.
For installation questions, refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact Matting By Design’s Installation Advisor, at 515-295-3902 Ext. 53, during normal business hours, 7 a.m – 3 p.m., Mon. – Fri.
- Vacuum with a commercial upright vacuum cleaner.
- Spot clean using appropriate chemicals.
- Include the floor matting as you inspect the daily performance of the overnight cleaning contractor or in-house personnel.
- Check the position of the matting to be sure it is not buckled against immobile objects like doors, posts, or walls.
- Clean under the edge of the matting to a depth of 4′ to remove accumulations of dirt and debris and prevent damage to mat edges.
- Extraction clean with a commercial extraction cleaning unit.
- Inspect your matting closely for small damage that could become a bigger problem. Most small defects can be repaired by one of our technicians or a qualified subcontractor. Call us at 800-468-0860 for guidance on repairing damage.
For detailed instructions, refer to PAGE 8 of your Owner’s Manual. For assistance, contact Matting By Design’s Installation Advisor, at 515-295-3902 Ext. 53, during normal business hours, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., Mon.-Fri.
Find more details about floor mat storage in the Owner’s Manual.